1 Year Warranty, 20 Day Return Policy
The XLR-BP™ Basic is an XLR audio adapter was specifically designed for those videographers who are working with cabled microphones and wireless microphone systems, such as dynamic microphones,
battery power mics, shotgun microphones or lavalier mics. The XLR-BP™ Basic XLR adapter will work with ALL camcorders that have a 1/8" mic input jack. Note: the XLR-BP Basic will NOT allow you to connect to an audio mixer, it is ONLY for
connecting to XLR microphones and XLR wireless mic systems. You will need the XLR-BP Pro or XLR-BP 3 Pro if you need to connect to an audio mixer.
The XLR-BP™ Basic XLR adapter has features such as, two XLR audio inputs, two auxiliary 1/8" mini jacks, stereo-mono input switch, dual audio level controls, lightweight design and improved audio performance and more.
Our audio quality is the best. All of our XLR audio adapters have custom transformers for better frequency response and our XLR adapters do not suffer from insertion loss and high frequency cutoff as other XLR adapters do.
Our XLR adapter cases, including the XLR-BP™ Basic case, is shielded against both EMI & RFI interference. Only our XLR adapters that provides this level of shielding and meets military specs. Our XLR adapter case provides total shielding to
the entire circuit inside. In addition, each custom transformer is also properly wrapped multiple times with an EMI & RFI shielding material for superior shielding.
The XLR-BP Basic XLR adapter offers two XLR inputs and two 1/8" mini input jacks for total flexibility in your audio connections. You can use any two of these inputs connections, in
any combination. With each of the two inputs featuring volume controls. Input 1 and 2 can either be recorded as separate audio tracks or mixed together, depending on the Stereo/Mono switch setting.
Each XLR adapter is built using only pro grade audio transformers, audio pots, switches and components. All components are circuit board mounted. The result is an XLR
adapter with superior audio performance and extremely quiet operation.
We use Neutrik locking XLR connectors. This prevents the XLR cables from pulling out of the XLR audio adapter.
The XLR-BP™ Basic XLR audio adapter clips onto you belt and comes with a 4 ft cable with a stereo mini plug so it can plug into your camera's mic jack.
The XLR-BP™ Features:
- High quality constructions. All components are circuit board mounted in our XLR audio adapters.
- Nickel-Based Lined Shielded Case - Provides a superior EMI & RFI shield rating and meets military specs.
- Balancing transformers - For long mic cable runs.
- Allows connections to microphones only, Not for connecting to and audio mixer. For that you will need one of our Pro models.
- Dual Inputs - There are two XLR inputs and two 1/8" mono inputs.
- Record any combination of the two inputs onto separate audio tracks (using the stereo right and left audio tracks).
- Stereo/Mono Output Switch. This allows you to use only one mic and have it record to both the right and left audio tracks. Also, when the switch is in the mono position and there are two inputs
present, it will mix the two inputs together and send the mixed output to both the right and left audio tracks.
- Locking XLR Connectors - This prevents the XLR cables from pulling out of the XLR audio adapter
- Independent Audio Level Controls - We used high grade audio level pots to allow you to control the input audio levels.
- Voltage Blocking Circuit to handle the "Plug-In Power" Mic Jacks found on Sony video cameras.
- The XLR-BP is a passive device. No power required.
- The XLR audio adapter works with all video cameras that have a 1/8" mic jack.
- No Insertion Loss.
- Mounts on your belt - Gives you the freedom to move around easier.
- Lightweight - So you won't have a heavy box pulling down on your belt or pocket.
- Gain: Adjustable - 0db to infinity
- Insertion Loss - Virtually none
- Input Impedance - Nominal 600 Ohms - Suitable for 150 to 600 ohm input
- Line Level Attenuation: 54db - varies with camera input
- Input Voltage Max - 900mv mic; 10v line
- Freq Response 15Hz to 25KHz (+/- 1.0 dB Max.)
- Dimensions - 5" x 2.5" x 1.5"
- Lightweight - Weight Approx. 9 oz.
- 1 Year Warranty
Why belt mount the XLR adapter?
- Easier access to the controls.
- Easier handholding of the video camera - since the XLR connections and the controls are mounted on your belt instead of being in the way as you try to handhold the camera.
- Works with all camcorder models
- Removes the weight of the XLR adapter from the video camera.
- No more cables pulling on your hand or XLR adapter
- Can be used with any type of microphone
- Can be used with steady cam devices, jib arms and camera support equipment
- Camera can be mounted directly to tripod head instead of to the under the camera style adapter, which in some cases can cause the camera to be unsteady.
- Easier mounting - Nothing to screw or unscrew from the bottom of the camera. (NOTE: Some cameras now have the tape eject button on the
bottom of the camera, thus requiring you to remove the under the camera style XLR adapter so you can change tapes or batteries. What a pain.) This is something you don't have to worry about with the XLR-BP™ line of XLR adapters.
- Gives you more freedom and flexibility.
- Very durable, yet lightweight.
- Can be attached to tripod if needed by Velcro® strips.
- Customers prefer it.
While the XLR-BP Basic comes with a 4.5 ft built-in cable, these are the most commonly requested optional cables.
Custom made 4.5 ft cable is designed to reach from your XLR-BP™ XLR audio adapter to your camera with ease.
10ft 3.5mm (1/8") Shielded Stereo Audio Extension Cable.
Click Here for more XLR cables.
The XLR-BP Basic is for connecting to microphones only. Do not use this model for connecting to an audio mixer. You will need one of the XLR-BP Pro models if you want to connect to an audio mixer.
Cost of Product Repairs
XLR adapters that are out of warranty is a flat rate of $25, which includes shipping the product back to you. If the item is within the 1 year warranty, please include a copy of the invoice.
|Some of the Other Products we Offer
"I love the XLR-BP Basic. It is so versatile. I really like having the two 1/8" jacks from when I need to connect two wireless mics
to my camera and the XLR jacks when I am working with XLR mics, such as my shotgun mics. I have used it on all kinds of shoots and it has
never let me down. The great audio quality and the price is fantastic." CJ Niles
"The XLR-BP Basic rocks! " Cheryl Cooper
"Hey, you guys have a great little XLR adapter. I purchased the XLR-BP Basic about a year ago and have gotten a lot of use out of it. You have a great design that offers a lot of flexibility. I have used it with a variety of video
cameras and microphones. Works with everything I used it with. Just thought I would drop you a line and let you know how pleased I am with the XLR-BP Basic." Jon Copper
"Dropping you a line to say thanks for the fast service and a great product. The XLR-BP works as advertised. Very clean audio and no noise. At a wedding I shot this past weekend, I used the XLR-BP when the camera was on the tripod and when hand-holding
the camera at the reception. Works perfect in both situations." Jamie Rodriguez, Phoenix, AZ
"I want to thank you guys for letting me beta test the XLR-BP. I used for a documentary I was shooting in south Florida with a Canon GL-1 and Sony VX-2000. We connected two mics to the XLR-BP, a shotgun mic that we were using as a boom mic and a
wireless mic. All I can say it this is a great little device. The idea of having the XLR cables coming into a belt clip box is fantastic. It allowed us to use our Steadicam Jr. while still being able to use both mics. Previously, connecting any cables
to the camera would cause the Steadicam to become unbalanced. The XLR-BP has given us a whole new level of freedom to move about." Bruce Camdem, Orlando, FL.
"Wanted to let you folks at Studio 1 that your Super Jib Arm and the XLR-BP are terrific products. That past week we mounted out GL-1 on the Super Jib Arm and connected the XLR-BP to the GL-1. It made it so much easier for us to have the XLR-BP with the
audio controls clipped to our pocket, whereas before we couldn't reach the audio controls when the camera was up in the air. Also, the Super Jib Arm has opened us up to a how new level of creativity. Thanks for the great products and keep up the good work." L. Robert Kinder, Internet Email.
"In the early spring, our school purchased your XLR-BP for our students so we could use XLR pro mics for use during our morning “school news”. I just wanted to report back how pleased we are with the XLR-BP and how well it holds up, as sometimes the kids
are not real gentle with the equipment. We have found the XLR-BP indispensable for our video productions and I would highly recommend it to any educator or to anyone else work with video." Mike Hill
"The XLR-BP is a nice audio adapter for any videographer who need to use external mics. The audio level controls are easy to reach and very clean. I really like the fact that I can clip it on my belt when I am handholding the camera. It really lets me
move around a lot easier. I am getting ready to start my next production and I guarantee I will be using the XLR-BP. I am looking forward to seeing what else you come out with next." JR Thompson, Jacksonville, FL. Independent Film Producer